Monday, March 9, 2015

March 8, 2015

Once upon a time... I have always loved those words. I suppose that, to a cynic, they sound like the opening of a tedious, childish tale spread thinly over a badly disguised moral. But to me, those are the sort of words that mean something wonderful is going to happen. Perhaps an unlikely hero will vanquish a dragon. Perhaps an evil fairy will curse a baby princess. Perhaps a carpet will fly, an animal will talk, or a kiss will break a spell. Perhaps an entire kingdom will search for the owner of a shoe, a beast will really be a prince, or an egg will hatch into a full-grown warrior. After all, anything is possible in a fairy tale.


Despite the fact that I know this blog is on the internet and that millions of people or dolls could potentially read this, it feels very personal and somewhat private. I can't really picture anybody reading this. If somebody is, however, I can imagine what you're thinking. "That's easy for you to say, Anna, you're a Disney Princess!"

No. No, I'm not. Well. maybe I'm supposed to be a Disney Princess, but I'm just... me. Just Anna. And if you're still reading this, then it's a pleasure to meet you.


As you've probably noticed, I absolutely ADORE fairy tales. I've even read "The Juniper Tree," arguably the Grimm Brothers' grimmest tale. (Pun intended.) Trust me, it's no picnic. Beheading, crushing to death... yikes. My favorite story is, and always has been, "The Princess and the Pea." I don't really know why -- maybe it's because the princess is completely ordinary; maybe it's because the whole premise of the story is absurd. Nobody can feel a dried pea under a hundred mattresses. Nobody. Whatever the reason, that story has always appealed to me more than the others.

In fact, I think I'll go read it right now. Until next time!

-Anna

14 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world Anna! Good luck!

    Charlotte La Bouff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Charlotte! Nothing much has happened to me since I wrote my first post, but once something exciting happens I'll write a new post.

      -Anna

      Delete
  2. That's wonderful sugar! In the meantime, would you like to read my blog?

    http://charlottelabouffsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to, thank you! I'll go get Meg and MyLittleMegara and we'll read it together.

      Delete
  3. She doesn't seem to want me to follow her blog! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't let me follow either, doll.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry... I'm not sure what's going on. :(

      -Anna

      Delete
  5. Okay, I put up a new members widget! Can you two try again?

    -Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried again just now, doll, and it said they were unable to process my request.

    Lottie La Bouff, a dedicated fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good heavens. *Sigh* Can you try adding my blog to your reading list through Blogger? That might work.

      -Anna

      Delete
  7. Cindy: hi... I'm not supposed to be on this here computer, so I'd better make it quick- I'm new to AnonymousA's doll family, and I am extremely uncomfortable because i feels like all the other dolls are watching me. I recently discovered the world of 12" fashion doll blogging, and well.... It appeals to me. It truly does. I wish you luck, and also myself luck. Especially since AnonymousA is attempting matchmaking already-she found a Kristoff doll on Skype. He seems nice, but ACK! It's weird! I hope I can read your blog.
    -Cindy The NOT Cinderella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Cindy! It's lovely to "meet" you. Ugh, do I know what it feels like to be on display with everybody staring!! It's extremely stressful. I wish us both luck as well. From what I understand, Kristoff dolls can make wonderful partners, but a forced relationship is no fun. I hope you can read my blog, too!

      -Anna

      Delete