Tuesday, May 26, 2015

April 17, 2015

This morning I looked out the window to find a sun dappled world waiting to be discovered. At first I was just enjoying the way the dew glittered in the soft green grass, but the world just looked so inviting that I begged MyLittleMegara to take me out there. I suppose I must have taken Olaf's ideas about exploring to heart! Once she did, however, I started to have second thoughts. The world around me was so big and wonderful and terrifying. I was just Anna... how was I supposed to fit in such a large and important place?


Gradually, I started to look around.




There were big, leafy trees around me. casting shadows and filtering in soft light.

I took a breath and stepped out onto the grass. It was so green!


I could feel my courage mounting as I walked forward.


Everything around me was new- but it wasn't scary or bad. It was amazing. For the first time in my life, I felt like I could do anything.


Confidence and courage flowed through me as I stood there in the morning light.


With that glorious feeling, the sun became brighter and the dew sparkled more intensely.



A beam of sunlight fell across my face, temporarily blinding me. But how could I be blind when I was truly seeing for the first time?


Even the flowers seemed to stand taller, as though my joy was radiating onto them.



It was the most amazing feeling. 


Of course, even the best things have to end. My plastic heart began to sink as I headed back to the house. The overwhelming joy began to slowly drain out of me.


But, as I walked, the sun seemed to wink at me again. A flicker of sunlight stayed with me and with it, a little of the confidence and happiness my adventure had given me.

-Anna

10 comments:

  1. Aww! I love reading your adventures, Anna! :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anna,
    I would like to personally invite you (and Meg, and MyLittleMegara) to visit my new blog
    fashiondollmemoirs.blogspot.com
    I say my blog, but it's really my dolls' blog. The format is a little different than other doll blogs I've seen. Instead of one doll posting the ongoing story of their life, each post at Fashion Doll Memoirs is written by a different doll, giving readers a brief glimpse into that doll's life, past, or whatever they feel like writing about. I can't make any promises about how often the blog will be updated. I'm still trying to get more of my dolls interested in the project. I'm also not sure if the writing styles will be to your taste, but the only way to find out is to ask you to pay us a visit and see what you think.
    Thanks for your time.
    Your new friend and follower, Treesa
    P.S. You have a real talent for writing, and it's always so refreshing and insightful for us humans to read about life from a doll's point of view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Treesa! We'd all love to visit and will soon. It sounds like an interesting premise and we'll definitely check it out. No writers have the same tone or style so it's nice to get to see others ways with words. Here's hoping your dolls all get on board! :)

      Thank you very much, Treesa! That is such a lovely compliment!

      -Anna

      Delete
  3. I loved reading this! It was beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me feel so calm and peaceful... I love Annas writing style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Meritre. It was so nice to get outside!

      -Anna

      Delete
  5. Your pictures are beautiful, I love those with the flower

    ReplyDelete