Thursday, June 23, 2016

April 23, 2016: Collaboration Post with Elsa of A Doll's Life for Me

I am pleased to announce my first ever collaboration post with the lovely Elsa of A Doll's Life for Me! After she gave me a shout out on her blog, I decided it was high time that we get to know each other as more than just online friends. So, I invited her over for tea. I sent it to her in an email, hoping she would get it before her human did as her human does not know that dolls are alive like MyLittleMegara does.


I talked to MyLittleMegara, who organized it so she'd be able to bring Elsa over without She suspecting about dolls being alive: MyLittleMegara would "fix Elsa's hair" for She. MyLittleMegara was confident that this would work, so I agreed and waited for Elsa to arrive.


Elsa knocked three times. She opened the door and I waved. She looked lovely in a Frozen Fever-style dress that looked like it had been handmade just for her. I wondered if MyLittleMegara had made it for her. It seemed a bit strange to see her in real life after keeping up with her solely via the internet before, but I was very glad to finally meet her.


I shook Elsa's hand.  Elsa's hand was cool and firm, just as one would expect from a snow queen. I felt like I needed to be on my best behavior. I wanted to hug her, but I didn't want to do anything to her sequined bodice by accident. We exchanged a few polite comments about the weather. After a while, I asked if she would like to have tea outside. Elsa smiled and nodded, and we went out to the back yard.


MyLittleMegara had set up a picnic spot earlier, and I thought everything looked very nice. Elsa must have, too, as she took one look at the tea set and sighed. "This is lovely," she commented. I beamed. We relaxed into an easy, friendly conversation, nothing like the forced politeness from before.


I offered my guest cream and sugar. The sugar cubes were adorable and heart shaped, and Elsa began squealing with delight when she saw them. I couldn't help but join in. Joyful squealing is contagious, you know.


I took cream and sugar, but Elsa only wanted sugar. It made sense to me, she seemed the type to want her tea to be simpler. Sort of like how Kristoff doesn't really like fancy drinks at all... just black coffee.


I began to feel a sisterly bond forming between Elsa and I while we sipped our tea and chatted. We were getting along famously.


Elsa told me about her friends Loki and Olaf, and I told her about Kristoff, Rapunzel, and Olaf. We laughed about how we both know Olafs. I confessed how glad I was to see her since I can get a little lonely, given how few dolls I really know. I hadn't anticipated sharing that with anybody, and was a bit surprised when it came tumbling out of my mouth. Elsa took it in stride, though, and I was grateful.


We had our treats... all chocolate for me, and all vanilla for Elsa. Macaroons and cookies... they were delicious, and absolutely perfectly proportioned.


I think I could happily have had three hundred more macaroons.


"A toast!" I declared, as I finished my cookie.

"A toast!" Elsa giggled, "To delicious tea and wonderful treats!"

"Indeed!" We clinked cookies and crumbs went everywhere.

"Okay, so that might have failed," I mumbled, brushing the mess off my skirt.

Elsa began laughing. I did too. It was so nice to be out in the sunshine with a great new friend.


When that was finished, we walked around the yard enjoying the warm sun. The weather was perfect, with the sun rolling high in the sapphire sky... yes, sorry, anyway...


We stopped by some sweet smelling flowers out front. Elsa kept to the shadows initially, seemingly afraid of every passing car. As if the people in the cars would notice two dolls and we would break the Code of Dolls. I managed to coax her over to the flowerbeds despite her fear. "Aren't they lovely this time of year?" I squealed.

"Yes, very!" Elsa nodded. I saw that she was losing her nervousness.


I love tulips, and I hadn't had a chance to visit them yet this year.


This angular one reminded me of the flower in Elsa's hair.


I wish the tulips would bloom all year long!


I looked away from the flowers to see Elsa sprawled out on the grass, soaking up the sun.


I asked what she was doing, and she replied "She never lets me go outside, this is so nice!"


After lying there for a few minutes, Elsa got back up and we went to the porch to sit on the swing and talk some more. Out of the blue, Elsa started telling me about a hero named Steve.


I listened carefully, smiling in all the right places and sighing in all the sad ones. Poor Elsa has been through a lot. A nagging little voice in the back of my head wondered what it'd be like if Kristoff were gone for that long. Not that I felt THAT way, about him, of course... we're just friends. Right? Anyway, there were more important things to think about, so I pushed that thought down.


I was glad that she'd shared, I felt like maybe she was starting to see me as a trustworthy friend.


We continued to walk and talk for a while, enjoying the lovely weather and each others' company.


I heard MyLittleMegara saying something to She, who had evidently just come to pick up Elsa.


We said our goodbyes, promised to do something like this again soon, and Elsa left.


I think I may have made a great new friend.

-Anna (and Elsa!)

If you wish to see Elsa's point of view, you can check out her post here.

4 comments:

  1. It's great to see two sides of a story (can't comment on Elsas blog could you tell her that it's great?)
    Kiki and Dolly ar doing something similar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll be sure to pass on the message.
      That's great!

      Anna

      Delete